Scientific and technological progress has turned information into a product, data security and protection toolkit, that can be bought, sold, exchanged. Often, the cost of data is several times higher than the price of the entire technical system that stores and processes information
The quality of commercial information provides the necessary economic effect for the company; therefore, it is important to protect critical data of new casino sites like Book of Ra from illegal actions. This will allow the company to successfully compete in the market. Let’s discuss data security definition.
What is data security? Data Security is the specific information system state in which it is not susceptible to any kind of damage or interference from third parties. It also can manage risks that are associated with the information disclosure.
Information Security System Requirements
Protection of information resources should be:
- Permanent. An attacker can at any time try to bypass the data protection modules that interest him.
- Target. Information should be protected for the specific purpose of the organization or data owner.
- Planned. All social security methods must comply with state standards, laws and regulations that govern the protection of confidential data.
- Active. Activities to support the work and improve the protection system should be carried out regularly.
- Integrated. The use of only individual protection modules or hardware is not permitted. It is necessary to apply all types of protection in full, otherwise the developed system will be devoid of meaning and economic foundation.
- Universal. Protective equipment should be selected in accordance with the existing leakage channels within the company.
- Reliable. All protection methods must reliably block possible paths to protected information by an attacker, regardless of the form of data presentation.
Information is considered protected if three security requirements are respected:
The first – integrity – involves ensuring the reliability and correct display of protected data, regardless of which security systems and protection techniques are used in the company. Data processing should not be disrupted, and users of the system who work with protected files should not face unauthorized modification or destruction of resources, software malfunctions.
The second – confidentiality – means that access to viewing and editing data is provided exclusively to authorized users of the protection system.
The third – accessibility – implies that all authorized users must have access to confidential information.
It is enough to violate one of the properties of protected information so that the use of the system becomes meaningless.
Data Encryption Algorithms
Sooner or later, each information system raises the important issue of ensuring data protection by hiding information from people for whom it is not intended. This task can be accomplished within the system itself by implementing an authentication system to provide security, so that only authorized users can access it. However, if an attacker manages to gain physical access to the data, then authentication will become useless.
Data confidentiality will be violated (available only to those to whom it is intended), they can be changed, which will also violate their integrity. To prevent this outcome, data encryption is used. In simple words, data encryption consists in presenting information in a form different from the original one, according to which it is impossible to determine how the initial information looks without knowing a special protocol security and encryption key. Using this key, the data can be safely decrypted. It is also worth noting that data encryption is used not only for physical data protection – it can also be used, for example, to prevent unauthorized access to the system, complicating the authentication procedure.
Physical security and advantages of Azure
Microsoft Azure is a gigantic platform that meets all the national data guardian data security standards and is served by over 140 data centers and is growing every year.
The platform represents various types of cloud services: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, of which there are more than 500 positions with the ability to implement any tasks and projects.
Azure is used by various companies for completely different tasks. Some companies, implementing a strategy for the development of internal business processes, choose the way of placing their infrastructure according to the IaaS model. Other companies are focused on creating software, various applications and use Azure according to the SaaS model.
Windows Azure is fully compliant with a database-level security model – Microsoft’s Security Development Lifecycle (SDL).
There are an unlimited number of scenarios for using the MS Azure platform. A variety of services, their constant development, the emergence of new ones, the maximum provision of data protection allow Azure to occupy a leading position.
Using Microsoft Azure IaaS applications, each client receives a large number of related functions and services for automation and optimization of the infrastructure, such as:
- automatic stop and start of services – allows you to optimize costs as much as possible;
- auto-scalable infrastructure for load optimization;
- automatic change of types of used instances depending on the period of application use and load on them;
- automatic data replication, fast recovery and much more.
And have you ever tried Azure?